SCIENCE FIELD DAY
Thank you all who joined us for the Information Night.
This is the first year D39 will be sending a team to compete for Science Field Day at the San Diego County level.
What is Science Field Day?
- Opportunity for kids to explore, build and have fun with foundational science concepts- hands on experience.
- Program, designed, organized and administrated by elementary teachers from throughout San Diego County.
- Held in the spring and brings students together in one location to compete in various events.
- Competition Date: Saturday, May 13, 2017
- The primary goal is to develop a positive attitude towards science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
Who can participate?
- Students in grades 4, 5 and 6 compete in 15 science related events on the field day.
- 5th and 6th students who are not in Science Olympiad should consider it.
- Each student will participate in two or three events. In addition, many non-competitive events go on throughout the day making a festival atmosphere.
- Teams consist of up to (16) sixteen participants and (2) two alternates.
- Sixth grade is limited to (4) four participants.
- Teams may enter (1) one participant in an event if necessary, except: Mirror Magic (3), Triathlon.
*Link to San Diego County Science Field Day website
*Link to competitive Events conducted on Science Field Day
We will start coaching in early January 2017, please fill out this interest form below so you can confirm a spot for your child.
Also, we are collecting donations of $40 for each child to cover the event expenses. After filling out the form below, please drop off the payment check at the Welcome Center no later than 3pm on October 21, 2016.
If you missed the Information Night, you can view the presentation here.
Contact Avnita at email@example.com if you have any questions.