SCIENCE FIELD DAY
What is Science Field Day?
- Opportunity for kids to explore, build and have fun with foundational science concepts- hands on experience.
- Program, designed, organized and administrated by elementary teachers from throughout San Diego County.
- Held in the spring and brings students together in one location to compete in various events.
- The primary goal is to develop a positive attitude towards science, technology, engineering and math (STEM).
Who can participate?
- Students in grades 4, 5 and 6 compete in 15 science related events on the field day.
- 5th and 6th students who are not in Science Olympiad should consider it.
- Each student will participate in two or three events. In addition, many non-competitive events go on throughout the day making a festival atmosphere.
- Teams consist of up to (16) sixteen participants and (2) two alternates.
- Sixth grade is limited to (4) four participants.
- Teams may enter (1) one participant in an event if necessary, except: Mirror Magic (3), Triathlon.
*Link to San Diego County Science Field Day website
*Link to competitive Events conducted on Science Field Day