Goal: Run39 is D39C’s fun-filled volunteer-driven running club focused on enabling kids to get some exercise before school by running laps around school playground. The main goal is to encourage developing a healthy living style that includes exercise while stressing on proper procedures such as warm up and cool down. We track the kids' attendance and record laps and running trends individually and as a group. However, the focus is not on competition but rather on encouraging the kids to set and reach their personal running goals.
When: Tuesdays and Fridays from 8:00-8:30am. (Gates open from 8:00-8:10 AM only.) For the 2017-18 academic year, start date will be in September 2017 (exact date will be communicated via email and updates on Run39 FB page).
How to sign-up:
- 2017-18 sign-up form can be found here: https://goo.gl/forms/UiS4CWRILShTwxn83
- Permission Slips must be completed by parents: https://goo.gl/rHwc0P
(will be collected by volunteers prior to start of 1st session)
- Please note that this is not an early drop off, the gates will be strictly open from 8:00-8:10 AM only for Run39 participants to enter.
- All kids must run or walk in the designated track around the playground; No playing or visiting other parts of the campus is allowed until school starts.
- Join the Run39 Facebook page
- View Run39 video highlights from 2016-17.